What we do:
UC Outdoors does not limit itself to one type or style of outdoor programming but aims to provide recreational, educational, developmental and even therapeutic driven programs.
UC Outdoors is able to cater for adventure all over Victoria and beyond.
Our philosophy is centred around participants building a relationship with nature, developing as strong communities and achieving success by overcoming personal challenges.
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
– Oliver Wendell Holmes
How we do it:
– By allowing time and space within programs for participants to be, to reflect, to process the experience and enjoy free time in nature.
– Give opportunities in programming to take advantage of nature’s gifts.
– To allow progression in difficulty, discomfort and challenge to enable participants a chance to adapt, be comfortable and embrace the experience.
– Continuity of activity to allow students to gain competence, skill, confidence and proficiency. By gaining this competency in an activity it will allow the participants mind and focus to then shift from the physical act of performing an activity to being able to notice, enjoy and take in the environments they may be travelling through. This will enhance their connection to nature by firstly overcoming fear and discomfort to then being comfortable and relaxed within nature.
Challenge is what makes men. It will be the end when men stop looking for new challenges.
– Sir Edmund Hillary
UC Outdoors works with its clients to customise a program that is suited to their needs and participants. Programs may include themes, educational content, locations etc that link into the school or organisations vision.
The program development is a mutual task to ensure our clients are just as excited as we are about it.
Content, length of time, activities and location are all customisable with UC Outdoors offering the experience and knowledge to help mould what works with what works for the school.
Let your walks now be a little more adventurous.
– Henry David Thoreau
Our programs utilise locations and activities all over the state. We tailor activities to your purpose, the time of year and the most appropriate locations. The activities we offer are:
– White Water Rafting
– Canoeing and Kayaking
– Sea Kayaking
– Mountain Biking
– Skiing and Snow Shoeing
– Rock Climbing and Abseiling
Contact us now for more information on journey options and activities for you.